I agree strongly with the comments from EMOJK below. And I hate leaving negative reviews on Itch - for what is clearly a passion project!
But charging $15 for this is nuts. I feel ripped off. Here's why:
- The document is only 35 short pages, with about 2-3 paragraphs per page.
- The only real art is the front cover.
- The entire game is written in a low-legibility font. It would be difficult for someone with dyslexia to read this document.
- Overall, the document has not been designed with legibility in mind. It's been designed to imitate a school notebook.
- The mechanics are not well explained. It's not clear how the mechanics are meant to facilitate the experience promised by the game designer.
- There is very little guidance for how to run the game, compared to other FITD or PBTA games. No agenda, no principles, no guide to how to make the game flow.
- There are no character sheets or play-aids included.
I wouldn't feel so ripped off if there had been preview material that indicated what was included in the purchase price. A preview of an internal spread, a table of contents, and an indication of the number of pages are a must-have.
I also would feel less ripped off if I thought the game was contributing interesting ideas to FITD game design. But beyond the initial concept - "It's all downtime!" - I found very little of use.
To the author - I'm sorry you had to read this review, I'm sure it sucks! But please consider your customers next time you put something out for purchase.